Girl I met wants me to call all the time!

RelationshipForums.com Forums Single & Dating Girl I met wants me to call all the time!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  eXiilez 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

eXiilez
    Participant

Ok, so I met this girl through mutual friends of mine and we started talking a couple days ago. She’s fairly into me and I like her too, we get along well, we have a lot of things in common and so far it has been great. I will be meeting up with her soon too.

I have called her for the first time the other day and my oh my I never thought in my life I would ever be on a 4 hour phone conversation. I am normally good with talking to women, no awkward moments or anything.

So on the same day I called her which was during the afternoon, she was talking to me through Facebook IM while I was doing my own tasks at home. But she asked me to call. I replied and basically went off topic a little and she replied back with “call??”. I did reply and just said that I was tired and that I do want to talk to her but not tonight. She was ok with that.

But to me this seems like she’s going to be clingy. And I’m not a fan of that. I do like to have my own space every now and then. Am I in the wrong here or is it fine?

ACA84
    Participant

She really likes you, but she does sound a bit clingy. I think it’s a sign of what is to come during the whole relationship. I think age also matters… if she is in highschool, I would say this isn’t that weird… but if you are in your 20’s or older, then, yes she is probably a needy person.

eXiilez
    Participant

Yeah I’m 20 years old, she’s 18. I honestly don’t like long phone conversations no matter who it’s with. 30 minutes is as long as I can stand. I don’t mind face to face or IM. Since then there’s been more phone calls but no where near as long as the previous time. We’re dating now, things are going well. We only see each other on weekends so I guess I have to call her every now and then. I did call her today which was only 30 mins. A few hours later she says things like “I miss your voice..” and then she will proceed to ask me to call. So far with every phone conversation I’ve made excuses to get off. If I don’t make one the phone call would last for way to long. Would it be wise to break it to her that I don’t like long phone calls or somehow limiting them?

Rich
    Participant

Too early to tell if she’s clingy or not. Need to date a few times and really know for sure. Then if she is clingy and it’s not what you want, then dump her.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.