I need help!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  wormyrug 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

wormyrug
    Participant

Hey everybody, I don’t normally use stuff like this, but I felt I needed to. My problem, as with most teenage boys, is about a girl. We used to talk a lot a few years ago, and have since started again. She always smiles at me when we pass each other in corridors, she asks how I am doing and stuff. I think it’s important to note this is the first girl I’ve ever really liked, and I’ve never dated and despite being nearly 18, have not yet been kissed.
    I am in Upper 6th, relatively attractive and am very intelligent, but I don’t like to out to parties and hate dancing. Anyway, this year, we had a formal, and there was only one girl I wanted to ask, but was in denial about liking her as more than a friend. I asked, and she said yes, and I thought we had a good time. Since then, we’ve spent ages talking on Facebook, texting and through whatsapp, sometimes into the early hours of the morning. We talk nearly every day for a couple of hours, occasionally up to 4 or 5, and it’s got to the point where both our families think we’re dating and so do most of our friends.
    My problem is, once I realised I liked her as more than a friend, I spent ages building up my courage to ask her out, so I did, and she said no, and that it’s wasn’t a “Never going to happen, just not now.” That was maybe 2 months ago. Since then, we’ve kept talking through Facebook and stuff the same as it was, but I can’t help but feel the fact I asked her out is still there.
    What I want to know is:
    1. Is there any chance she does like me as more than friends, but simply doesn’t want to date right now?
    2. And if not, how do I let her know I’m fine being friends, without making it seem like I’m basically also rejecting her, if you know what I mean?
    3. How do I move on from liking her, bearing in mind that I also don’t like anyone else in my school or that I know?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.