Left Behind

RelationshipForums.com Forums Marriage Left Behind

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Rich 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

ranreg591
    Participant

I am a 46 yr old husband in a stable 20 yr happy marriage with 4 teenage kids. My wife recently took up a flight attendant job, excited to travel and meet new people. I’ve been supportive of her decision after resisting the idea for years, and finally gave in hoping she would change her mind. It’s been very hard being apart suddenly after 20 years of daily contact and I’ve been trying to deal with the new norm. I don’t know if I should develop more of a social life, take up a new hobby or get a second job to distract my loneliness. When she comes home she’s exhausted and needs a few days to recover, although we go on more dates it seems like we’re drifting apart rather she’s drifting away. I don’t want to seem like a needy spouse who smothers her when she’s home, and she does reassure me frequently that she loves me dearly and would never consider befriending another man even on a plutonic level, but I found a posting she wrote for a fun friend male or female, listed in the hawaiian cl. she said it was one of her friends listings but I don’t believe her. This is new territory for me. I’m usually the strong independent guy who never worries about loneliness and just gets some projects going on around the house and rather enjoy’s the solitude. But things are different in this case. I feel things are changing for the worse and I want her to change jobs but I don’t want to spoil her new job when she’s happy.

I hope there are some ideas out there.

Rich
    Participant

Where did you find the posting? In her email? Facebook?

I see your location is Washington and it mentions Hawaii. Does your wife fly to Hawii as part of her job?

What made her choose being a flight attendent? The excitement? If so then she views your relationship as boring and wants to spice up her life.

Typicall where there’s smoke there’s fire.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.