Major advice needed.

RelationshipForums.com Forums Couples Major advice needed.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Rich 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

AngelaJ
    Participant

Hi, I am 25 and have been in a 6 year relationship. My bf and I love each other dearly. However, throughout our relationship i have gotten nothing but disappointment and a huge problem with him not stepping up to the plate and taking charge as a man should in a relationship. I play my part as any woman would in her relationship, but i play many of his parts as well. I don’t seem to be getting the same in return…just broken promises and more talk than action. I am a woman with standards and qualifications, just like any other, and i refuse to settle for less. I have spoken to him about this but it doesn’t seem to be getting through his brain. I love my bf with all my heart, but i don’t want to be miserable in my future. I want to know that he will have my back in the future when we do decide to get married, but he isn’t showing that now; 6 years is a long time. I feel like if he doesn’t open his eyes or i don’t leave we will be a very unhappy couple with only one in love. It hurts me so much to just walk out on 6 years.

What would you do? Any advice would be highly appreciated

Rich
    Participant

People are who they are in life. Personalitiy traits are personality traits. He is who he is and what you’re seeing is who he is.

Typically while dating, people will act to impress their mate and then after being married for awhile people will revert back to who they really are.

If you’re not satisfied now, then don’t expect him to change for the better after you’re married.

Seems to me that you’re trying to make a square peg fit a round hole. Why?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.