Need some advice – whether it’s time to end it or keep going

RelationshipForums.com Forums Single & Dating Need some advice – whether it’s time to end it or keep going

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  eightball61 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

sallybecker
    Participant

Hi,

I’m new here but I was hoping to get some advice/opinions.
    Basically I’ve been with my boyfriend nearly a year at this stage, we had known each other for many years before we got together. We have amazing chemistry, however, I’m at the stage now where I am wondering if this is all our relationship is based on. I know he cares about me a lot and I say he sees this relationship lasting the long term. He is a very busy guy with lots of sporting commitments and I find that I have to fit into his life and arrange my week to make sure we see each other. Anyway my main issue is that he just wont open up to me, he says it’s cos he doesnt really have much serious stuff to talk about, but I feel like we never have any serious conversations and I worry it will always be like this. I always saw myself ending up with someone who would become my best friend and we could talk about anything, but my boyfriend is a real ‘guys guy’ and keeps his feelings very locked up.
    So basically at this point i’m trying to decide whether I should end it now or keep going hoping one day he will open up to me and maybe show he can somewhat share his feelings with me. But I am worried I’m expecting too much from him, I’m not 100% happy at all in the relationship but I am afraid I’m unhappy for my own personal reasons and it is not him and I am looking for a perfect guy that doesnt exist. I dont want to end things and then realise I had a decent guy and threw it away.
    Thanks 🙂

eightball61
    Participant

@sallybecker 57455 wrote:

I always saw myself ending up with someone who would become my best friend and we could talk about anything,

Can you change a wild animal out of its normal habitat…sure however even though the animal is a household pet its wild ways are still within and will come out. We are the same way if you think about it. Women are talkers and men are thinkers. If you saw yourself with someone that can talk about anything then you are better off becoming a lezbian. Good news is your partner and should be your bestfriend with flaws or no flaws. The draw of a successful relationship is how you both work together in each others flaws. You both will need some adjusting however you are with that person because they are the person you first met and fell for so you knew what they were already about.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.