Not sure if I should move on or pursue…please help.

RelationshipForums.com Forums Single & Dating Not sure if I should move on or pursue…please help.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  eightball61 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jfaz12
    Participant

Over the summer, I met a girl and fell in love with her from the very moment I’d seen her. I hadn’t even talked to her, but I knew I had feelings for her. I struck up a conversation…and everything seriously went perfect. We didn’t realize we had mutual feelings for each other until after I’d left for college, and she goes to a different college.

Over the past 3 months, we talked every morning, day & night. We said I love you, and had some very serious conversations about the future, and just about us in general. We never were officially gf/bf, because we felt the distance would possibly cause problems. We’re both 20, by the way. So, I was supposed to go visit her, but her mom felt it wasn’t a smart decision because we wouldn’t be able to see each other very often, and that might cause problems.

This really hurt me…I didn’t think it was her place to do this, but the girl is extremely close to her mom, and really felt it important to listen to her mom. I was incredibly hurt, and because I couldn’t see her, I decided, despite not wanting to at all, that we should our relationship and quit talking. This lasted a day or two, and I realized I’d made a mistake, because I didn’t have any closure.

So, a day later I talked to her and just spilled my guts out about how, she was the one I honestly wanted to spend my life with and I didn’t care how long I had to wait to be with her… she said she felt the same way, but thought we’re too young to be so serious. Which, I definitely understand. Because I needed to get over my feelings, I knew it was best if I cut off contact…despite her wanting to at least continue being friends and talking. I said I couldn’t do that…

3 days after that, she texted me to see how I was feeling and just to talk… I had mixed feelings about this. I’m trying to get over her, but I want her back so bad… we talked for a few hours, and it wasn’t awkward, or anything like that. We still said I love you…stuff like that. But, at the end, I said I’d rather her not text me if it’s not important involving us… and that was the last text basically.

So, it’s been 2 days, and she hasn’t left my mind, even for a second. I just… don’t know what I should do…I was going to wait for her to text me again, but with my last text message, I don’t know if that will happen. So, I just don’t know what to do… any advice is greatly appreciated. If you were in my situation, and this was the girl of your dreams…would you contact her?

eightball61
    Participant

she may be close to her mom and seeked some advice bu+ her true heart is saying not to allow this to get to close. tghis would explain why she just rather talk and be friends and you not going to visit. she may wantg things to grow slow so she can get done what she needs to accomplish her personal goals before settling.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.